✓ You’re getting free shipping!
Retention Marketing Manager, Uqora APPLY NOW
As Uqora’s Retention Marketing Manager you will bridge consumer insights and analytics to track customer retention and performance. You’ll bring the “voice of the customer” insights to the forefront of our team, and be responsible for tracking customer analytics, ideating ways to engage consumers within the journey, and work in partnership with Uqora’s Retention Marketing team to create and implement new retention/loyalty strategies and areas of opportunity.
You are the heart of the customer and couple consumer listening with business performance to better enhance the customer journey. You are the bridge between the customer service team to the communications team to ensure continuity and relay key learnings that should be implemented. You help implement creative and scalable strategies that generate customer repeat/LTV all while leveraging data and consumer insights.
A sampling of what you’ll be doing:
- Create new consumer experiences as an outcome from consumer insights. Lead from idea, build, implement, measure, and post-implementation optimization.
- Use data insights to create new key initiatives across customer experience to drive customer delight, repeat purchase rates and reduce churn.
- A/B test new programs to aid in customer retention, repeat purchase rate and increase AOV
- Collaborate cross functionally with customer success, content, retail, innovation, acquisition and website marketing teams to uncover consumer insights.
- Track key KPIs including customer LTV, gross customer sales, repeat rates, AOVs, 1st month subscription rates, bundle purchase rates, cancel reasons, and more. Leverage Looker and our marketing platform tools to understand consumer behavior and identify areas for improvement. Report out proactively on performance and come up with new ways to provide consumers with additional value and drive the business forward based on trends.
- Manage our post-purchase buyer survey with a dynamic questionnaire used to continuously provide us with insights and improve our business.
- Lead the “ambassador program” in the Facebook Group, building and sustaining a group of Uqora raving fans. Admins of the Facebook Group will keep a rolling list of Uqora “stars”, your responsibility would be to reach out to these contacts and foster ongoing relationships, manage incentive programs, and tap these contacts for insights.
- Work in partnership with the Customer Success team to optimize key partner platforms including Stamped, BazaarVoice, Wonderment, Recharge, Textline.
- Partner with the Customer Success team to understand the impact of communications on retention and optimize the customer experience.
- Proactively manage FAQ content on-site, emails, and CS macros to ensure messaging continuity across all channels (CX macros, website content, emails, etc.)
- Manage retention platforms such as Churnbuster and ARPU.
- Execute chat campaigns in partnership with the Customer Service team to uncover customer insights.
- Work in collaboration with the automated comms role to manage tags in Gorgias to help determine email campaign performance for subscribers and win back strategies.
- Have shared account management with Recharge with the Website Manager.
- Escalate, prioritize and manage consumer facing issues with partners and internal teams as they may arise with urgency, always putting the customer experience and retention performance first. Keep internal teams abreast of issues, impacts, and resolution.
- Other metrics you are responsible for: customer shipments via Wonderment, card error reasons MoM, cancel reasons MoM. In addition, proactively come up with new items to analyze/understand the customer journey to enhance the customer experience.
- Lead customer discovery efforts via surveys, call down interviews, and focus groups.
- Teach and guide other members in the organization on call downs and nurturing the “heart of the customer” with other team members.
- Key KPIs: Repeat purchase rate, customer LTV, churn rate, FB Group ambassador program growth.
- Bonus (but not required): working knowledge of Looker.
Who you are:
Customer-centric: as the internal champion for the consumer journey, you believe that good business is human-centric—you welcome the opportunity to connect directly with customers and understand that relationships drive important qualitative insights that lead to improvement.
Analytical: you enjoy spending time analyzing marketing campaign performance. You dive deep to uncover new insights, and you’re skilled at translating analytics into action.
Goal-oriented: you are a resilient self-starter who looks to make leaps forward in customer lifetime value metrics You understand how lifecycle marketing drives business performance, and you proactively come up with consumer experiences that support the business growth goals, positive consumer outcomes and greater customer LTV.
Strategic: you spend time understanding how your work contributes to the bigger picture and understanding the pieces that make the whole.
Methodical: while you can zoom out, you know it’s important to dive deep into data to help understand a qualitative insight and/or discover a new trend.
Collaborative and communicative: you find it easy to work with many types of people and communicate with ease. You’re comfortable leading and following, managing internal and external stakeholders, and believe collaboration is key to success.
Curious & a life-long learner: you keep up to date on evolving retention marketing technologies and methodologies. You’re naturally curious and continually push yourself to know more, do more.
- 3-7 years of consumer marketing experience for an omnichannel business with track record of improving customer retention rates and customer LTV leveraging “voice of customer” insights
- Experience synthesizing data and working with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Relevant eCommerce or direct-to-consumer experience, ideally for a subscription-based business
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of basic consumer insights techniques, both quantitative and qualitative
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Google Sheets / Excel advanced skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience at a high-growth start-up ideally in CPG or Health / Wellness
Compensation & Benefits
- This position is a full time, exempt (salary) role
- Salary Range: $102,400 - $120,000 base annual salary
- Generous annual performance bonus
- Generous flexible PTO policy
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits with generous employer contribution
- Health and Dependent Care HSA/FSA
- 401K with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Wellness discounts, programs, and free vitamins and supplements from Uqora, Nature Made and MegaFoods
- Parental Leave Policy for employees with 1 year+ of service
- New Hire office stipend
- Training and Development opportunities
- Based in San Diego, CA
- Hybrid Work Environment - We work in office 2 days/week (required), so candidates must be within reasonable commuting distance from the office in San Diego, California
- You must be fully vaccinated to work at Uqora
Inclusivity at Uqora:
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us. At Uqora, we’re committed to making our employees and community members feel seen, heard, and valued - while honoring what makes us different. We promise to remain focused on this journey of growth so we can become better advocates for our community, and we’d love for you to join us on that mission!
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please apply via the company website at :https://uqora.com/pages/career-opportunities with your resume attached. We know you’re more than a resume and would love to hear from you as part of your application. In the webform on the website, please answer the following questions:
- How do you decide on marketing KPI’s and how do you track them?
- What are some of your marketing tools and platforms you’ve used?
- Share an example of a campaign you supported or executed that you are proud of.
- What’s a memorable customer service experience you’ve had (or seen) from an e-commerce brand? How would you rate its impact as a customer retention strategy?
- How did you hear about this opportunity? (Referral, Website, LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.)
Uqora makes innovative UTI relief products and proactive care supplements.
UTIs are the second most common infection in the U.S., second only to the common cold. Despite the magnitude, there’s been little progress and innovation for years. Uqora is proud to be changing that.
Since launching in 2017, Uqora’s been able to help over 400,000 people stay healthy and has over 20,000 5-star reviews. Uqora is very focused on creating exceptional products and a vibrant, collaborative community of customers. Recently, Uqora was acquired by Pharmavite, the owner of Nature Made, which will enable Uqora to go deeper on research and expand its reach.
Uqora is growing quickly! In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on expanding Uqora’s reach by educating and engaging our audience and customers.
You’ll also have the opportunity to make an impact on Uqora’s sister brand, Equelle, a quickly growing brand helping women tackle menopause symptoms in a new way.
Equelle’s novel, innovative approach to menopause symptom management has been validated in three clinical trials, and its active ingredient, S-equol, has been scientifically studied for over 20 years.
Aside from providing breakthrough relief with science-backed products, this emergent brand is on a mission to change the conversation around menopause. Every single woman goes through menopause, yet we still talk about menopause as if it’s a taboo medical condition. Women deserve frank conversation, high-quality education, and effective products to tackle the symptoms that come with peri- and post-menopause. Equelle aims to shift the conversation through an engaging community, high-quality educational resources, and, of course, science-backed products.
Please note: We do conduct background checks for all new hires.