✓ You’re getting free shipping!
Senior Accountant APPLY NOW
As Uqora & Equelle’s Senior Accountant, you’ll be responsible for the timely preparation of financial statements and variance analysis, periodic reconciliations, forecasting and budgeting, preparing journal entries, and retail deduction management. The position actions the more complex accounting and finance activity, including communication with various levels of internal customers within the Company.
A sampling of what you’ll be doing:
- Providing insightful management reporting on actual vs. plan (forecast) information to assigned business unit(s) and/or department(s).
- payments and intervening manually as needed.Creating models, conducting research, and analyzing actual business performance against targets in the Operating Plan, Strategic Plan, and Forecasts as applicable.
- Quantifying opportunities and risks and recommending alternatives.
- Supporting the development of the annual operating plan, financial forecast process, and strategic plan for assigned business unit(s) and/or departments.
- Monitoring, tracking, and submitting invoices to parent company’s AP and providing expense coding as needed.
- Partnering with assigned business unit(s) and/or department(s) to actively manage budgets and the monthly close process in line with company policy and GAAP.
- Analyzing data trends and retail market developments to adjust forecast models and assumptions.
- Performing retail promotional analytics and sharing insights and optimization recommendations with all internal customers, as applicable.
- Conducting ad-hoc analyses as needed to support operational decision making and improve profitability.
- Preparing monthly general ledger account analysis and journal entries as needed.
- Serving as subject matter expert on expense reporting and being a resource for the Equelle & Uqora to answer questions and resolve issues.
- Ensuring documentation of financial and accounting activities are maintained in a manner that is compliant with parent company’s Audit requirements.
- Monitoring monthly sales tax
Who you are:
- Data-minded; you’re comfortable in an excel spreadsheet. You enjoy diving deep to uncover a new insight, but you don’t get lost in the sauce—you’re skilled at translating analytics into actionable & approachable insights.
- Multi-tasker: Juggling multiple projects simultaneously is a breeze for you. You know how to prioritize and you never let a ball drop.
- Problem solver: You have a knack for breaking down and solving complex problems while keeping a customer-first mindset. You’re able to identify stakeholders, estimate impact, spot opportunities, and leverage feedback loops while working through challenges.
- Organized: Organization is at the core of everything you do. You thrive in creating clear, organized, repeatable processes.
- Detail-oriented: It’s in your nature to double-check the details. You understand which projects require a ‘measure twice and cut once mentality.
- Communicative: You’re comfortable managing internal and external stakeholders and tailoring communications for your audience.
- 3+ years experience in accounting, finance or a related field. Experience in a consumer products company is preferred
- Expert level Excel proficiency and proficiency with data visualization tools
- Competent knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Solid understanding of Direct-to-Consumer business
- Experience managing requirements of both small and large organizations
- Salary Range: $90K - $120K per year
- Full-time, salaried
- Based in San Diego, CA (we have a hybrid work environment, in which we work in-office two days a week. You must be fully vaccinated to work at Uqora.)
- Generous PTO policy (unlimited)
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
HOW TO APPLY:
Using the form below, please submit your resume. We know you’re more than a resume and would love to hear from you as part of your application. In the body of your email please answer the following questions and limit your response to no more than 5 sentences per question:
- You have been asked to create SG&A budgets for the various departments within the company. How would you go about the process, ensure alignment, and present the results of your work?
- How do you ensure your work is complete and accurate when a process is new or undefined?
Uqora makes innovative UTI relief products and proactive care supplements.
UTIs are the second most common infection in the U.S., second only to the common cold. Despite the magnitude, there’s been little progress and innovation for years. Uqora is proud to be changing that.
Since launching in 2017, Uqora’s been able to help over 250,000 people stay healthy. Uqora is very focused on creating exceptional products and a vibrant, collaborative community of customers. Recently, Uqora was acquired by Pharmavite, the owner of Nature Made, which will enable Uqora to go deeper on research and expand its reach.
Uqora is growing quickly! In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on expanding Uqora’s reach by educating and engaging our audience and customers.
You’ll also have the opportunity to make an impact on Uqora’s sister brand, Equelle, a quickly growing brand helping women tackle menopause symptoms in a new way.
Equelle’s novel, innovative approach to menopause symptom management has been validated in three clinical trials, and its active ingredient, S-equol, has been scientifically studied for over 20 years.
Aside from providing breakthrough relief with science-backed products, this emergent brand is on a mission to change the conversation around menopause. Every single woman goes through menopause, yet we still talk about menopause as if it’s a taboo medical condition. Women deserve frank conversation, high-quality education, and effective products to tackle the symptoms that come with peri- and post-menopause. Equelle aims to shift the conversation through an engaging community, high-quality educational resources, and, of course, science-backed products.
Uqora & Equelle are a subsidiary of Pharmavite (the owner of Nature Made), and together comprise Pharmavite’s women’s health business unit located in San Diego.
Inclusivity at Uqora & Equelle :
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us. At Uqora, we’re committed to making our employees and community members feel seen, heard, and valued - while honoring what makes us different. We promise to remain focused on this journey of growth so we can become better advocates for our community, and we’d love for you to join us on that mission!
Please note: We do conduct background checks for all new hires.