✓ You’re getting free shipping!
Senior Manager, Innovation & Continuous Improvement APPLY NOW
Innovation/ Continuous Improvement Sr. Manager
As the Continuous Improvement Sr. Manager you will be responsible for supporting the growth of Uqora’s brands by supercharging functional operations and quality areas including cross-functional project management, QMS, contract negotiations, and sustainability efforts to ensure that we continue to scale efficiently. You will contribute directly to the growth of the business by improving reputability through pursuit of certifications to ensure consumer trust as we scale and drive the strategic operational goals of our brands by acting as project manager for cross-functional projects such as systems implementations and product innovation.
Please note: We are a hybrid workplace and require two in-office days each week. As such, candidates must be within easy communing distance of our San Diego office. We are not currently providing Visa sponsorship. Relocation may be considered for qualified candidates.
A Sampling of What You’ll be Doing
- Be the “Let’s make this better” brain in the business unit. Help clean up processes and business operations areas of the business that haven’t scaled at the rate of the business.
- Oversee the innovation pipeline projects by ensuring that product development initiatives are being prioritized, and completed on-time and on-budget.
- Support the development of the organization’s SOP’s and occasional audit of operations and Quality SOP compliance.
- Review and support the negotiation of Uqora’s new supplier contracts by communicating cross-functionally with functional teams, including legal to ensure best business practices.
- In collaboration with Quality, set sustainability targets for the organization, including full financial impact, and work with functional teams to ensure the targets are met. Identify and pursue further certification opportunities for the organization that will increase reputability of the business.
- Manage quality at Uqora by promoting a problem solving approach to quality initiatives, providing support to a role that prioritizes risk mitigation.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication - Proven ability to effectively communicate throughout organization: up, across and down
- Strong Interpersonal Skills - Drives accountability by influencing, encouraging, and motivating; effective at working in a matrix with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent Organizational and Problem Solving Skills - Demonstrated process improvement project completed on-time and on-budget, even in changing or ambiguous situations.
- Familiarity with business certification processes such as B-corp certification, organic, free-trade, etc or other similar certification processes.
- Advanced negotiation skills, including high-level of familiarity with contracts valued up to 10 million annually.
- Strong Leadership Skills - a proven track record of people managing subject-matter experts who span functional areas.
- 3 to 5 years of project management experience, preferably in a start-up or brand portfolio environment.
- Certification in project management methodology (required), Proficient in Agile methodologies and Six Sigma Methodologies (preferred).
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (including advanced modeling and analytics strategies), Google Suite, Slack and Project Management tools.
- Wide business operations experience, especially with CPG companies.
- BA/BS in Business, Supply Chain, or Org. Development or closely related degree or equivalent practical experience
- Master's Degree nice to have
- PMI, Agile or Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- 4+ years leading and developing teams preferable
- Based in San Diego, CA
- Full-time, salaried
- Salary Range: $125,000 - $150,000 annual base
- Generous PTO policy (unlimited)
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
Inclusivity at Uqora:
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us. At Uqora, we’re committed to making our employees and community members feel seen, heard, and valued - while honoring what makes us different. We promise to remain focused on this journey of growth so we can become better advocates for our community, and we’d love for you to join us on that mission!
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please apply via the web form on our website with your resume attached. We know you’re more than a resume and would love to hear from you as part of your application. In the body of your email please answer the following questions:
- How did you hear about this opportunity? (Referral, LinkedIn, Indeed, etc)
- Please describe a project that you have taken from conception to completion. Highlight what project management methodologies you deployed, what challenges you faced, and what the outcome of the project was. In reflection, what would you have done differently or the same.
- This role requires a high level of collaboration with several functional areas of the business - product, operations, quality, legal and more. Please describe your experience working with and managing team members who hold deep expertise in areas where you hold less.
- What do you think exceptional leadership looks like? How do you try to embody it?
Uqora makes innovative UTI relief products and proactive care supplements.
UTIs are the second most common infection in the U.S., second only to the common cold. Despite the magnitude, there’s been little progress and innovation for years. Uqora is proud to be changing that.
Since launching in 2017, Uqora’s been able to help over 400,000 people stay healthy, and have over 20,000 5-star reviews. Uqora is very focused on creating exceptional products and a vibrant, collaborative community of customers. Recently, Uqora was acquired by Pharmavite, the owner of Nature Made, which will enable Uqora to go deeper on research and expand its reach.
Uqora is growing quickly! In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on expanding Uqora’s reach by educating and engaging our audience and customers.
You’ll also have the opportunity to make an impact on Uqora’s sister brand, Equelle, a quickly growing brand helping women tackle menopause symptoms in a new way.
Please note: We do conduct background checks for all new hires.