✓ You’re getting free shipping!
Sr HR Generalist APPLY NOW
As the Sr HR Generalist, you’ll make an enormous impact across the entire organization. You’ll be tasked with day-to-day HR activities, as well as building out strategies and processes that are integral to people’s success & fulfillment across both brands (Uqora & Equelle). As part of this high-growth organization, you’ll be chartered with building out principles that are built to last, while meeting the organization’s current needs (~40 people). You will be the single HR person dedicated to the Women’s Health Business Unit (WHBU) that manages the Uqora and Equelle brands. You will report directly to the President of the Women’s Health Business Unit and will have access to the HR organization at Pharmavite for consultation and advice.
A sampling of what you’ll be doing:
- Working with hiring managers cross-functionally to develop job descriptions, posting jobs, screening candidates and managing the recruitment process through to hire
- Refining and conducting employee orientation and supporting successful onboarding for new hires
- Refreshing and maintaining all HR practices and policies, ensuring that they serve the needs of the team today and as we scale, consulting with Pharmavite HR and Legal as needed to ensure proper compliance
- Partnering with the WHBU leadership team to develop yearly goal setting, performance appraisal and merit distribution processes
- Partnering with managers & employees through any performance improvement plans
- Managing benefit plans, including assistance with open enrollment and other benefit questions (Note, you’ll own this process, but can access the parent company’s HR team for support)
- Managing leave of absence processes and awareness and proper compliance
- Collaborating with the WHBU leaders to codify and nurture cultural standards at Uqora & Equelle; enabling teams cross-functionally to live the organization's values and create an environment of belonging
- Developing scoping & framework for title bands fit for the current team size (~40) but built for scale, as well as compensation benchmarks
- Developing and/or sourcing trainings to nurture Uqora & Equelle’s professional development, ranging from leader/manager development through to upskilling across all levels
- Fostering growth mindset in the organization, supporting an open and safe working environment for employees to share concerns, work through conflict resolutions and focus in continuous improvement
- Working with Leadership Team to plan, develop and deliver internal communications
Who you are:
Strategic; you understand how to execute against broad principles. You don’t need all of the info to get started and are comfortable with a certain amount of ambiguity as long as you understand the goal.
Collaborative and communicative; you find it easy to work with many types of people and communicate with ease. You’re comfortable leading and following, and believe collaboration is key to success.
A life-long learner; you keep up-to-date on evolving HR practices. You believe you can learn something from everyone, but also trust your own judgment.. You’re naturally curious and continually push yourself to know more, do more.
An empath; you find it easy to relate to other people and value compassion in interpersonal relationships.
Agile; you are able to shift your thinking quickly and successfully to solve problems efficiently. You understand that there are many ways to achieve a goal, and are quick to shift gears with new information.
Communicative: you’re a natural collaborator and believe that almost all problems can be solved with clear, proactive, respectful communication. You are quick to speak up when you see an issue on the horizon.
- At least 6 years of experience in HR, with experience across many different functions of HR, dealing with diverse HR topics. 1 or more years of experience handling complex employee relations issues and leave accommodations
- Significant knowledge of employment law and HR practices. In-depth knowledge of Federal/State leave related regulations, including FMLA, ADA, FEHA, and HIPPA
- Experience scaling a business from 50 employees past 100
- Experience in small and large organizations
- Based in San Diego, CA (we have a hybrid work environment, in which we work in-office two days a week. You must be fully vaccinated to work at Uqora.)
- Full-time, salaried
- Generous PTO policy (unlimited)
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
Inclusivity at Uqora:
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us. At Uqora, we’re committed to making our employees and community members feel seen, heard, and valued - while honoring what makes us different. We promise to remain focused on this journey of growth so we can become better advocates for our community, and we’d love for you to join us on that mission!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide your resume in the submission form at the bottom of this listening. We know you’re more than a resume, so we'll also ask that you answer the following questions with your submission:
- Imagine you need to develop a performance management program that values teamwork and also rewards differentiated performance. What are some examples of best practices that the Leadership Team should have in mind?
- What are the first 3 steps you would take to develop a new leadership development program for Uqora & Equelle?
Uqora makes innovative UTI relief products and proactive care supplements.
UTIs are the second most common infection in the U.S., second only to the common cold. Despite the magnitude, there’s been little progress and innovation for years. Uqora is proud to be changing that.
Since launching in 2017, Uqora’s been able to help over 250,000 people stay healthy. Uqora is very focused on creating exceptional products and a vibrant, collaborative community of customers. Recently, Uqora was acquired by Pharmavite, the owner of Nature Made, which will enable Uqora to go deeper on research and expand its reach.
Uqora is growing quickly! In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on expanding Uqora’s reach by educating and engaging our audience and customers.
You’ll also have the opportunity to make an impact on Uqora’s sister brand, Equelle, a quickly growing brand helping women tackle menopause symptoms in a new way.
Equelle’s novel, innovative approach to menopause symptom management has been validated in three clinical trials, and its active ingredient, S-equol, has been scientifically studied for over 20 years.
Aside from providing breakthrough relief with science-backed products, this emergent brand is on a mission to change the conversation around menopause. Every single woman goes through menopause, yet we still talk about menopause as if it’s a taboo medical condition. Women deserve frank conversation, high-quality education, and effective products to tackle the symptoms that come with peri- and post-menopause. Equelle aims to shift the conversation through an engaging community, high-quality educational resources, and, of course, science-backed products.