✓ You’re getting free shipping!
Web Developer APPLY NOW
Uqora and Equelle, the flagship brands of the Women’s Health Business Unit, are seeking an experienced Shopify developer to help bring our brands to the next level. Both brands are changing the lives of women across the country by providing proven products that work. We’re obsessed with our customers and strive to provide the best customer experience across all consumer touchpoints. As the eCommerce web developer you’ll develop business functionality aligned to our website roadmap, while ensuring site scalability and extensibility. You’ll partner with our marketing and customer success teams to build, support, QA, and optimize our customer experience through technology. You’re an expert with Shopify and its eCommerce technology ecosystem, and stay up-to-date on trends in the industry. You react quickly and resolve issues, and proactively build solutions to mitigate errors going forward. You’ll coordinate with internal stakeholders and external partners and contract support to ensure optimal performance of our site assets.
A sampling of what you’ll be doing:
- Developing web solutions to support multiple consumer brands on the Shopify platform while improving integration points, code quality and upleveling the customer experience
- Enhancing our customer subscription portal, the place where our consumers manage their subscription preferences, to deliver a best-in-class customer experience that provides users the information they need and reduces churn
- Owning and resolving eCommerce technical issues, working for quick resolution and future prevention. Coordinate internally and/or with various external partners such as Shopify, Recharge, Klaviyo, OneTrust, Postscript, Zapier, and more
- Working cross-organizationally to understand pain points for our organization and customers, and how you can create new solutions to drive scalability and extensibility of our systems and technology
- Creating and managing all release, QA, and support processes. Manage development of solutions from our roadmap priorities with our website leader
- Researching best practices in Shopify platform optimization; identifying and recommending new tools to achieve business and customer experience goals
- Owning the implementation and functionality of various Shopify Apps that support our customer experience and being a key influencer in the build vs. buy decision process
- Managing and documenting basic audit and security measures
- Managing privacy compliance programs (CCPA; CPRA; accessibility, etc)
Who you are:
A problem solver. You are technical, know all things eCommerce, and enjoy building out solutions that delight end-users
A learner; you pick things up quickly, and love to learn new systems and tools
Service-oriented; you like making people’s lives better—you’re happy to help someone get to the root cause of a technical issue, and are patient through tasks big and small
A systems-thinker; you are comfortable zooming in on the details, but also know how to zoom out and understand the bigger goals associated with your task
Agile; able to think big but also breakdown features to manageable pieces to deliver progress regularly
A puzzle-lover; you love to find a solution, but appreciate the journey—you’re not frustrated by complex tasks, and love to solve puzzles
Efficient; you are pragmatic and prefer simple solutions. Your first instinct is to reach for Low-code tools for enhancing our tech stack and ensure we are building solutions that can scale as the business grows.
A communicator; you are comfortable asking clarifying questions until you understand the priorities at hand. You are comfortable not knowing the answer to something but offering to research the best way to proceed. You’re comfortable working with a broad number of teammates, with varying technical prowess & experience.
- Extremely knowledgeable in ecommerce data and tracking through Google Analytics, GTM, event setup and tracking, 3rd party platform pixels
- Knowledge of CAPI Event Tracking vs Pixel Event Tracking.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML 4+5, and CSS 2+3. Ability to write basic structural HTML (such as grid layouts and responsive image srcsets) without using reference guides.
- Knowledge of Bootstrap CSS Framework.
- E-commerce experience (Shopify + relevant apps). Have supported transactional eCommerce systems and processes
- Experience with subscription businesses running on ReCharge
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent preferred
- Experience with Shopify REST API, GraphQL API, and Shopify App develop
- Knowledge of Shopify CLI and Shopify Theme GIT Repository management
- Experience with SQL-based technologies (e.g. MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience with Recharge
- Familiarity using Scrum/agile development methodologies
- Salary Range: $90,000 - $130,000 year base / Full Time
- Based in San Diego, CA (we have a hybrid work environment, in which we work in-office two days a week. You must be fully vaccinated to work at Uqora.)
- Generous PTO policy (unlimited)
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- 401K plan
Inclusivity at Uqora & Equelle:
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us. At Uqora, we’re committed to making our employees and community members feel seen, heard, and valued - while honoring what makes us different. We promise to remain focused on this journey of growth so we can become better advocates for our community, and we’d love for you to join us on that mission!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please use the application form below.
Please include your resume in PDF format. We know you’re more than a resume and would love to hear from you as part of your application. When applying, please include a brief introduction, along with the answers to the following questions:
1. Someone on the marketing team just noticed that the ‘add-to-cart’ function isn’t working on uqora.com. What are the next three steps you take?
2. Explain a time that you solved an issue across multiple apps and/or platforms — what was the problem, and what solution do you conceive and implement?
Uqora makes innovative UTI relief products and proactive care supplements.
UTIs are the second most common infection in the U.S., second only to the common cold. Despite the magnitude, there’s been little progress and innovation for years. Uqora is proud to be changing that.
Since launching in 2017, Uqora’s been able to help over 250,000 people stay healthy. Uqora is very focused on creating exceptional products and a vibrant, collaborative community of customers. Recently, Uqora was acquired by Pharmavite, the owner of Nature Made, which will enable Uqora to go deeper on research and expand its reach.
Uqora is growing quickly! In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on expanding Uqora’s reach by educating and engaging our audience and customers.
You’ll also have the opportunity to make an impact on Uqora’s sister brand, Equelle, a quickly growing brand helping women tackle menopause symptoms in a new way.
Equelle’s novel, innovative approach to menopause symptom management has been validated in three clinical trials, and its active ingredient, S-equol, has been scientifically studied for over 20 years.
Aside from providing breakthrough relief with science-backed products, this emergent brand is on a mission to change the conversation around menopause. Every single woman goes through menopause, yet we still talk about menopause as if it’s a taboo medical condition. Women deserve frank conversation, high-quality education, and effective products to tackle the symptoms that come with peri- and post-menopause. Equelle aims to shift the conversation through an engaging community, high-quality educational resources, and, of course, science-backed products.
Uqora & Equelle are a subsidiary of Pharmavite (the owner of Nature Made), and together comprise Pharmavite’s women’s health business unit located in San Diego.
Please note: We do conduct background checks for all new hires.