✓ You’re getting free shipping!
Women's Health: Sr Health & Science Educator APPLY NOW
As the Sr. Health & Science Educator, you’ll lead scientific communications across women’s health brands Uqora & Equelle (equelle.com). You’ll become the in-house expert on everything related to UTIs, menopause, and how Uqora & Equelle’s products function. You’ll be able to translate this expertise across broad audiences, ranging from teammates to customers to health care practitioners interested in learning more.
A sampling of what you’ll be doing:
• Assist in customer-facing dialogue when technical knowledge and/or research is necessary
• Translate and communicate nutrition science and recent clinical research across a range of audiences, including cross-functional teams internally, retailers, healthcare professionals and customers
• Educate internal teams on topics related to urinary health and menopause; stay up-to-date on new research and trends to keep teams informed
• Collaborate with marketing to develop educational materials for customers that explain the mechanism of action in approachable, yet scientifically accurate ways
• Leading the development of scientific educational materials to be shared with external audiences, ranging from customers, scientific advisory members and healthcare partners (HCP)
• Support HCP channel development across Uqora & Equelle by leading discussions and participating in Scientific Advisory Board meetings, meeting directly with healthcare practitioners who are interested in learning more, and developing additional educational assets (print, website, etc) to help both brands educate at scale through professional conferences and tradeshows or other grassroots methods
• Work with marketing, science & technology and customer experience teams to develop new product ideas and concepts
• Support development of a scientific research pipeline, formula development & claim development
Who you are:
Technical: You love to dive deep to understand mechanism of action and are comfortable communicating across technical and non-technical audiences. You have in-depth knowledge of human nutrition and the role that dietary supplements play in health and wellness.
An educator: You’re comfortable translating technical concepts across broad audiences in verbal, graphics and written form. You have a passion for helping non-technical teammates or customers have their ‘a ha’ moment about biology, chemistry, etc.
Collaborative: You thrive working cross-functionally, and believe strong communication and teamwork lead to better outcomes
Curious: You love to learn new things. It comes naturally to you to stay up-to-date on new scientific research and breakthroughs because you love to have your finger on the pulse
A proud advocate: You will often be representing Uqora & Equelle to external audiences. You take that responsibility seriously and have a passion for helping advance women’s health
• 3-6 years in nutrition education, natural products industry, science role, or private practice with experience translating and communicating scientific concepts across broad audiences
• Science degree
• An advanced degree, for example, RD, RND, RN or ND, etc
• Based in San Diego, CA (we have a hybrid work environment, in which we work in-office two days a week. You must be fully vaccinated to work at Uqora.)
• Full-time, salaried
• Generous PTO policy (unlimited)
• Health, vision, and dental benefits
Inclusivity at Uqora:
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us. At Uqora, we’re committed to making our employees and community members feel seen, heard, and valued - while honoring what makes us different. We promise to remain focused on this journey of growth so we can become better advocates for our community, and we’d love for you to join us on that mission!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide your resume in the submission form at the bottom of this listening. We know you’re more than a resume, so we'll also ask that you answer the following questions with your submission:
- A customer has written into our customer success team with this question: ‘If my urine is acidic, is it harder for bacteria to grow? At what point would my urine be acidic enough for that to be the case?’ — describe the process you would take to help our customer support team support this customer?
- Imagine you’re tasked with brainstorming techniques to help customer audiences better understand the science behind Equelle (research here). What are some tactics or mediums you would want to explore?
Uqora makes innovative UTI relief products and proactive care supplements.
UTIs are the second most common infection in the U.S., second only to the common cold. Despite the magnitude, there’s been little progress and innovation for years. Uqora is proud to be changing that.
Since launching in 2017, Uqora’s been able to help over 250,000 people stay healthy. Uqora is very focused on creating exceptional products and a vibrant, collaborative community of customers. Recently, Uqora was acquired by Pharmavite, the owner of Nature Made, which will enable Uqora to go deeper on research and expand its reach.
Uqora is growing quickly! In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on Uqora’s team and customers through education.
You’ll also have the opportunity to make an impact on Uqora’s sister brand, Equelle, a quickly growing brand helping women tackle menopause symptoms in a new way.
Equelle’s novel, innovative approach to menopause symptom management has been validated in three clinical trials, and its active ingredient, S-equol, has been scientifically studied for over 20 years.
Aside from providing breakthrough relief with science-backed products, this emergent brand is on a mission to change the conversation around menopause. Every single woman goes through menopause, yet we still talk about menopause as if it’s a taboo medical condition. Women deserve frank conversation, high-quality education, and effective products to tackle the symptoms that come with peri- and post-menopause. Equelle aims to shift the conversation through an engaging community, high-quality educational resources, and, of course, science-backed products.